Wiki Dental implant multiple teeth

ALPetten

New
Best answers
Hello,
I am not really familiar with dental coding. I am trying to figure out coding for surgical implant for 4 front maxilla teeth (#7-10). The oral surgeon is recommending bone grafting on top of the implants. His words are "implant surgery to place fixtures (guided surgery with fabrication of guides) with a likelihood that additional bone grafting may be necessary, with prosthetic implant reconstruction."

Would the implant surgery be coded with D6010 or D 6040 or another code? Do I code for each tooth (?modifier) or are these all inclusive codes?
I am thinking the bone graft is coded at D6103?
Porcelain crowns coded at D6065? each one?
How about abutment supports?

Any help would be appreciated or point me in the right direction. Thank you!!

D6010 is for the endosteal implant, this type is drilled into the bone, D6040 are placed under gum, but above the bone, would need clarify with provider which type he is using. For the bone graft use D6104 at time of implant, unless provider decides to do a sinus lift. D6190 for guided surgery. Generally the abutments are not charged out separately, however this can be different with each provider. D6065 is for a single crown. Hopefully this helps some.

Thank you so much!! That helps a lot!!
So just to clarify with the crowns - if he is doing 4 teeth we would code for 4 D6065?
And if he is doing 4 teeth do you bill the code 4 times?

Thank you for your help!