Wiki Deleted 2011 CPT Codes for Cardiology

Hi....

Does anyone have the list of delted CPT codes for 2011 for Cardiology that they're willing to share? I have the New and Revised Codes, but can't find the deleted ones.

Thanks

vicki.pappas@duke.edu

Hello,

The heart cath codes 93501-93556 have been deleted for 2011. The new codes have not been released yet. I've checked with our Medicare carrier and looked for any information regarding the new codes and could not find anything.

Dolores, CCC - CPC

Hi....

Does anyone have the list of delted CPT codes for 2011 for Cardiology that they're willing to share? I have the New and Revised Codes, but can't find the deleted ones.

Thanks

vicki.pappas@duke.edu

Hello,

The heart cath codes 93501-93556 have been deleted for 2011. The new codes have not been released yet. I've checked with our Medicare carrier and looked for any information regarding the new codes and could not find anything.

Dolores, CCC - CPC

I have been waiting for Dr. Z to publish something. He sent an e-mail talking about 20 cardiology and Interventional Radiology codes being changed.

HTH,
Jim Pawloski

I have been waiting for Dr. Z to publish something. He sent an e-mail talking about 20 cardiology and Interventional Radiology codes being changed.

HTH,
Jim Pawloski

Z-Health publishing has just posted the new IR and Cardiology CPT codes. I quickly looked at it, and it bundled codes. There are no separate open and percutaneous codes for angioplasty and stent placement. Also angioplasty is bundled with stent and atherectomy codes. Heart cath codes are bundled into one charge. Left heart cath charge bundles the injection and S&I codes together. I still need to review these better since they just came out.
Lots of Luck,
Jim

Hi vpappas,

i too have been looking for the deleted codes can you share your info regarding the deleted codes or where i can find them

and I was wondering if you could share what codes are revised and new

Last edited:
2010 deleted CPT code crosswalk

Hi Jim,

Could you email me the 2010 deleted CPT code crosswalk? They are no longer available in the Appendix M of the CPT Professional Edition.

Thanks,
Henry
mockh@pamf.org