Wiki Debridement of the peroneus brevis

b_rodgers

Best answers
I'm having a difficult time finding a good code for this procedure. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!:confused:

Preoperative dx: Split tears of the peroneal tendons of the left ankle.

Postoperative dx: Tendinopathy without actual tearing of the peroneus longus and a very low lying muscle belly of the peroneus brevis versus peroneus quartus.

"...Sharp, blunt, and Bovie dissection into the subcutaneous and through the tendon sheath and peroneal retinaculum. Then, the tendons were examined carefully. The peroneus longus was noted to have a firm thickened area that was just under within the peroneal retinaculum behind the tip of the lateral malleolus, but no split tears were found anywhere within about a 3 cm radius of that. Looking then at the peroneus brevis, its muscle belly extended all the way through the retinaculum and just past that; but rolling it from side to side, i did not find any actual tears in this and we pulled down from either side. Looking up and down the tendon, I did not find the tears that were identified on the MRI. Then, using sharp and Bovie dissection, I excised the portions of the muscle belly that were filling in the canal behind the fibula and retinaculum..."