Wiki Debridement and Excision of Common Femoral Artery

ABridges

Best answers
Hello All!

I need some help with this OP note:

Procedures Performed:
1. Debridement and excision of right common femoral artery
2. Right external iliac artery to profunda bypass with cryo femoral vein

I am having trouble with the first procedure.. Here's how it's described in the note:

The right groin was incised and opened. There was significant inflammation and at this point, we did dissect down and there was a formed psuedoaneurysm in the groin. This was entered and bleeding encountered. At this point, we did obtain proximal and distal control of the common femoral artery just under the inguinal ligament and profunda distally. Heparin 5000 units was given, and the dissection was then carefully further proximally with a Richardson retractor placed under the inguinal ligament, and we dissected up almost to the hypogastric vessel. Control was obtained then more proximally of the vessel and inferior mesenteric vessels clipped. The common femoral artery was completely excised, as well as part of the distal external iliac back to tissue that did appear healthier. Distally, the SFA was completely occluded. There was an end of a stent hanging in the common femoral artery. This was partially removed, as the stent was very well incorporated into the SFA, however, the proximal 2 cm was excised. The proximal profunda was also excised and fresh tissue identified.

I won't bore you with the rest of the note... This is the part I'm really having trouble with.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!