Wiki CT abdomen and pelvis Reconstructed, reformatted imagine of the spine

chembree

Guru
Best answers
I need help with something I have been told in the past...

I have a report for a CT Abdomen and Pelvis report that says at the end of the report, “Reconstructed, reformatted coronal imaging supports the above findings. There is moderate degenerative change throughout the thoracolumbar spine. There is vertebral body height loss involving the L2 vertebral body of approximately 20%. Correlate with focal back pain for need of MRI to evaluate for acute or subacute compression fracture. Note is also made that there are at least three renal calculi identified within the proximal left ureter, the largest of which is seen inferiorly measuring approximately 6mm.”

My question is… .If a complete CT study is reformatted from a 2-D data set obtained from another study, then can we code for the professional component of the reconstructed/ reformatted study? If so I would like to present this to our radiologist and see about capturing this extra code/service when possible. If it can be coded can someone give me an authoritative source to use in this presentation?