Wiki Crna billing

gbausman

New
Best answers
I have several cases in which a new CRNA to our hospital was overseen by an established CRNA, do I bill for the New CRNA's service or the Established CRNA's service? Is there a specific modifier to use in this case?:confused:

If the start time is when the CRNA places the spinal then they can not be involved in other cases and bill overlapping times. It was my understanding if the CRNA was soley involved in a case they need to be present with the patient until they were in recovery following the procedure.

This is more of a Proctoring situation than anything, the established CRNA is over seeing the New CRNA for a set amount of cases before she is allowed to be alone on a case. I am unsure which CRNA to bill the charges under.

I think I posted my previous response to your question in accident trying to respond to another question. Sorry about that. Although I don't know the best reference to guide in assitance in your question in cases where the CRNA might relieve another CRNA I try to look at the time and who was present for the most demanding portions and look at signatures and who did the most documentation to try to determine which CRNA to bill for.