Wiki CPT help - Can I please get help with CPT code

ggparker14

True Blue
Best answers
Can I please get help with CPT code for thie following procedure or is it possibly included in E/M?

Patient has a wound vac and when the wound vac was being changed, the right groin
incision started bleeding.

Procedure: Using bovi to control bleeding in soft tissue of right groin incision. No active bleeding. Patient tolerated procedure well. No complications.

Thanks for any help

You don't mention a size, but I would code this as repair - simple 12xxx since the description says electrocauteriation of wounds.

Electrocauterization or electrocautery is routinely used in surgery to remove unwanted or harmful tissue. A small probe with an electric current running through it is used to burn or destroy the tissue. A grounding pad is placed on the body (usually the thigh) before the surgery to protect the patient from the harmful effects of the electricity.

As per the description above i will not code if it is mentioned bovi, since bovi is used for electrocautery and it is not suturing and used to contol bleeding.This is my view.I hope it will help you.

Thanks
Ravikiran.N CPC
United Health Group