Wiki Cpt code for showing exercises

sgarris

New
Best answers
I have been told by different reps that come into my office that there are codes that can be used when our physician or other qualified health care professional shows exercises to patients at their office visits. This is supposed to be appended for services explained for 15 minutes or more. Does anyone know what this code is and how to use it? Does it need a modifier?

I have been told by different reps that come into my office that there are codes that can be used when our physician or other qualified health care professional shows exercises to patients at their office visits. This is supposed to be appended for services explained for 15 minutes or more. Does anyone know what this code is and how to use it? Does it need a modifier?

IF your DR is doing this it is included in the E/M. Look at your pt education/training section (my book page 602-603) directs you to use E/M codes if being provided by doc.

Sounds like the rep is referring to PT codes, maybe look at 97530 BUT these will not be paid on same day as E/M. and make sure your NPP is qualified to bill these codes.