Wiki CPT code for Influenza

kumeena

True Blue
Best answers
Hello everyone

Flu season drives me crazy. (Pediatrics and Adolescent clinics)

What is the right code when there is seasonal flu & H1N1(mixed in 1Vial) administered via nasal.

In my hospital I heard from the nurse there is only one vaccine that includes both seasonal flu & H1N1 (Flumist).Code for flu mist is 90660.

As per the Doctor there is no H1N1 anymore.It was an exception last year. Now it is only one Flu (seasonal) vaccine. Administered via nasal. Flumist is 90660

Please clarify the CPT code along with the administration codes.If you can direct me the website I can get m0re info.,

I am very confused.

If any one can help me on this I will be very greatful

Last edited:
I asked the same question on Friday and I don't think anyone knows the answer. Maybe you will have better luck than me!

Flu Season Coding

The AMA published a very nice article on the internet. http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/362/ama-fact-sheet-h1n1-reporting.pdf

This should help you with your coding dilemma. Be sure to get the NDC code from the nursing staff when billing for ANY vaccine. Make sure that you are using the appropriate CPT or HCPCS code for that NDC code. Also, if your pediatrician is providing additional counseling to parents of patients under the age of 8, there are different admin codes that may provide a higher reimbursement for the physician's time and effort.

In addition, when billing Medicare for flu vaccine, be sure to use G0008 for the admin fee.