Wiki CPT code 99490 for ortho

nics1011

Best answers
Does anyone know if the chronic care management CPT code of 99490 can be used in ortho and if so, in which instances?

I am new to coding and I understand this CPT is also pretty knew so I want to make sure I get all of the correct information before we start charging for this.

Thank you in advance for any assistance !

Yes, this is a new code, I have spent all day researching this code, our system is down at work, so this is a great opportunity to research this code! Hope you find the info you are looking for! :)

I haven't seen anything about any specific specialty for this new code. I work for Neurologists that want to begin using it, and from what I'm reading, as long as the requirements are met, the specialty is irrelevant. Granted, PCP's are probably most likely to use it, but as long as your doc can do what is required, IMO, use it.

I just read this earlier today; I found it useful, so I'll post the link here for anyone who is interested in reading through it.

http://medicaleconomics.modernmedicine.com/medical-economics/news/getting-paid-chronic-care

HTH!

Thank you! That does help! We are really trying to come up with a plan on how to get this going starting with the clinical staff and ending with us in the billing department.

Any suggestions/plans of how other offices are tracking this would be greatly appreciated !

-Nicole