Wiki CPT code 64772 or 64635 Help Please

naneralls

New
Best answers
I am hoping someone else can offer me feedback on whether the surgeon is doing a laser capsulotomy with a medical branch block or if in actuality, he did an RFA of the medical branch block and this is not truly a capsulotomy.
The OP report reads as, "Once the adequate level of anesthesia was obtained on the local level, we then inserted 18-guage insulated spinal needles on the right into the facet joint at L5-S1, L4-5 and L3-4 under fluoroscopic guidance. We then inserted the laser fiber and proceeded to coagulate to a total of 200 J at each joint. We bounced around the facet joint ensuring adequate coverage of the entire capsule and medial branch. Once this was performed at all 3 levels, on the right, we then removed the laser and infiltrated marcaine with depo-mederol into the facet joint periosteum and deep musculature."

Would the correct code be 64772?
Thank you for any feedback

I read this as MBB 3 levels lumbar with fluro guidance. Please look into 64493-RT, 64494-RT, 64494-RT.
I have never seen the coagulate with laser done with this though?
I would query was an ablation done to the nerve with neurolytic agent for destruction of nerve? This category is 64635, 64636, 64636
Why was the laser used a spinal lesion where at spinal cord...?