Wiki CPT 37197 Denied by Medicare as not billable in office

Coastal Coder

Networker
Best answers
I received a denial from Medicare stating POS 11 is inappropriate for CPT code

37197- Transcatheter retrieval, percutaneous, of intravascular foreign body (eg, fractured venous or arterial catheter), includes radiological supervision and interpretation, and imaging guidance (ultrasound or fluoroscopy), when performed

I can't find anything that says this code is not billable in office, has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Checking to see if you found out why

I am receiving the same denial from Medicare, I am wondering if you found out why they are stating this procedure can not be billed in an office.

Thanks for the help, sorry I am not of any help.

I am receiving the same denial from Medicare, I am wondering if you found out why they are stating this procedure can not be billed in an office.

Thanks for the help, sorry I am not of any help.

Medicare has a listing of non allowed office procedures, you should contact your regional office or website to obtain this list. It is a fluid list in that is is continuously amended. They arrive at the procedures on this list based on the risk to the patient. The riskier the procedure, the more the patient needs the immediate response of the facility resources in case of something going wrong.