Wiki Cpma - I PASSED!! I had taken it

Vj anand

Hi,
Congratulations to both of you. I want to take the exam. Can you please suggest about the books and how to prepare for the exam.

I really like the AAPC study guide for this exam as it gives case studies in many different areas - anesthesiology, physical therapy, chemo...I had the 2013 edition. Because I have been auditing for 5 years, I didn't purchase any other guides, but I did look at the Deb Grider book and I have heard many good things about it from fellow CPMA's.

Thanks everyone, and congrats to all the others who took and passed. I did one of the boot camps that NAMAS offers. You can check that out on their website. You get CEUs for this as well. It was really expensive but I think well worth it.

How hard was it really?

I am currently working through the AAPC training course for the CPMA and was wondering just how difficult the exam is.

I am trying to get my employer to pay for this - but I need proof that it will beneft them. I have not been able to find any company testimonials. Need advice and help getting this. Thank you

CPMA exam

studying for the CPMA exam in two weeks, have the study guides but as far as what to focus on, really cant find anyone to speak up and say something. I also cant find anything on how to actually do an audit. can someone point me in the right direction. do you go down the list and just check off what you see? I have no idea. thanks...:)

I really like the AAPC study guide for this exam as it gives case studies in many different areas - anesthesiology, physical therapy, chemo...I had the 2013 edition. Because I have been auditing for 5 years, I didn't purchase any other guides, but I did look at the Deb Grider book and I have heard many good things about it from fellow CPMA's.

How come I am not seeing a study guide for CPMA from AAPC?

I am currently using the Deborah Grider Audit book. It's a great resource. I have also heard that the study guide from NAMAS is an excellent resource. I have not added that to my collection yet but will do in the near future.