Wiki CPMA Exam

jbhuju

Guru
Best answers
hello all,
i have schedule for CPMA exam. please help if you have already taken the exam. what kind of question do we get? how hard is exam? could you please advise me the resources for study? thank you in advance.

Did you get the study guide and study test? That helped me a lot. Know your different type of audits, compliance, federal regulatory guidelines and coding guidelines. There is questions and case studies.

If you have scheduled it and either have no experience or minimal experience auditing, and/or have not taken the course, done the study guide, or practice exams, you are not setting yourself up for success.
As suggested above, I would say at a minimum, you need the study guides and do all the practice exams.
Do you have auditing experience? As described on the AAPC site,
"Experience requirements
Please be aware that the CPMA certification exam is a difficult, high-level examination and is not intended for individuals lacking training or experience. Examinees should have CPMA training and/or experience in auditing physician services, and be well versed in different types of audits, including evaluation and management (E/M)."

The process for preparing and info is all on the AAPC website...

The CPMA was the most difficult and highest complexity (in my experience) out of the seven I have done.