Wiki CPCO Study Guide

bkreed

Best answers
I purchased the CPCO study guide this week. I have found multiple errors. Some of the chapter review question answers and rationales are wrong. Some say the correct answer is "A" and then quote the answer in "B". These errors are probably just typographical errors. But others give the opposite advice than quoted within the chapter. AAPC certification exams are challenging enough without misguidance! Has anyone else found these errors?

CPCO study guide

I purchased the guide recently but haven't got into it enough yet to see the errors. Having said that, I have the latest version of Medical Record Auditor which is also full of errors so the CPCO is probably much the same. The NAMAS guide also has inaccuracies.
AAPC really needs to get their act together before selling these overpriced guides. If you're going to charge these ridiculous prices, at least employ a proof reader/editor who can do the job.
I'd happily proof read them for half the price they probably pay now and it would be accurate.

I am interested in the feedback that you have regarding the CPCO Study Guide. If you have found errors, I would like to know what they are. Please send me an email with your feedback and I would happy to look at it.

Thanks,

Raemarie Jimenez
Director of Education
raemarie.jimenez@aapc.com

CASCC Errors

I had previously posted a thread about purchasing the CASCC Study Guide and found many errors. This seems to be a consistent issue through the AAPC study guides.

The best advice that I can give, is that if you question something in the guide, research it until you find proof that you are either correct or incorrect. Either way, investing this research time will only help us retain the information better, as frustrating as that may be.

I know this is a frustrating set back, but Good Luck when you take your exam.

Thank you to all who read and to all who replied to my posting. I emailed a list of errors to Raemarie Jimenez, Director of Education. She states an errata will be published. Thank you AAPC!

I took my test for the COSC a couple of years ago, and i had the same problems, inconsistencies throught the test in both areas ICD-9 and CPT as well as non specific information for me to determine the ICD-9. When we are done with the test we have a space to write any input, questions and/or concerns about the test and i did write all my concerns. As i was taking the test i was writing down the questions with inconsistencies and I listed them all not a whole lot but enough to make us either fail or pass the test. I did pass my test and got a phone call from I want to say Rae in regards to my comments so I did my part. And by Rae calling me back made me regain my faith in AAPC. My question is when are they going to computerized? in spite of the many credentials they offer we still have to have a proctored exam only when the local chapter is available to proctor. I think is unfair, we should be able to go to any center and take the test like we do for any other tests eg AHIMA ;)