Question CPC to CPMA Employment Opportunities

bbcilurzo

New
Best answers
I currently have my CPC and a little under 2 years of experience/currently employed. I am interested in the CPMA. Most postings I see require a Bachelors or multiple years of experience. Is there another certificate I need to obtain before? I'm concerned I will get certified and not be able to find employment.

I think only having 2 years would be the stopping point, not the degree issue.
Just having a CPMA with no auditing, management, and more years of or related experience will not particularly help, in my view.

I think only having 2 years would be the stopping point, not the degree issue.
Just having a CPMA with no auditing, management, and more years of or related experience will not particularly help, in my view.
Thank you for this. Do you know how I should proceed to gain more experience or what certificatation I should obtain next to further my career?

Last edited:
I think it depends on what you enjoy or want to do. There are so many options. Just harvesting certifications to have them isn't that great of a plan. I have a # but they were all on the job related specific to the role I was in at the time I got them. What type of coding are you doing and what do you enjoy, does your current employer provide continuing education, is there another department you can shadow to learn more, etc?

This is a link to another discussion along the same lines: https://www.aapc.com/discuss/thread...siest-to-obtain.197823/?view=date#post-542100

I will say out of all of the exams I took (all on paper before the new procedure) the CPMA was probably the most complicated and time consuming compared to the others.

You can search the forums for similar topics. Also, read each of the parts under each different certification type.