Wiki CPC out dated?

bugsy4cpc

Best answers
Is it just me or is the CPC no longer worth the paper it's written on? The only certifications I find being accepted anymore is the AHIMA or AHIMA's CCS credentials. Most of the job posting on the AAPC website state that the CPC will not be accepted or no other certifications will be considered, etc. Seems that no matter where I look I keep running into this. Does anyone else find this to be true? Is no one accepting the CPC credentialing anymore? What is a CPC to do to find work?

Speciality coding

I believe the reason you are seeing this is because most facilities want a specialty certification. If you have a CCS that means you are an in patient coder. Similar are the AAPC's CPC-H or CPC-P which deal with a specific group. Perhaps you need to span your search to small practices and not limit yourself to a hospital or other in-patient facilities.

I believe the reason you are seeing this is because most facilities want a specialty certification. If you have a CCS that means you are an in patient coder. Similar are the AAPC's CPC-H or CPC-P which deal with a specific group. Perhaps you need to span your search to small practices and not limit yourself to a hospital or other in-patient facilities.

I agree - I see a some places that only accept AHIMA, but certainly not ALL places - AHIMA certs are a little bit harder to get than AAPC certs, so it would seem to me like they're viewed as 'more prestigious'. Go to indeed.com and search for medical coder, and see what you come up with...you might be surprised!;)