Wiki CPC in Southern NJ looking for position

lisahenderson

Contributor
Best answers
I'm looking for either a remote coding position or a coding position in the Cumberland/Gloucester/Camden County area at a high-volume or growing practice. I am interested in and would be willing to obtain any additional specialty certifications needed.

I have 15 years of medical billing experience including 6 years of coding experience. I've been out of the medical field for a while working in sales but I really miss the challenge and fun of coding. I recently became certified as a CPC after deciding to re-enter the field. I just passed my board exam with a 92!

I've attached my resume and hope to hear from someone looking for a professional, motivated coder in my area.

Thanks!

Lisa Henderson
555 Buckshutem Rd. Bridgeton, NJ 08302
(203) 257-0977 lisahenderson66@yahoo.com

Objective: Position as a medical coder for high volume or growing practice
Summary of Qualifications
Certified Professional Coder (CPC) with AAPC credentials
Familiarity with ICD-9 and CPT guidelines
Able to quickly learn methods, procedures and software applications
Organized and efficient with excellent written and verbal skills
Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
Related Experience
Over 15 years combined experience performing medical coding and billing at several high-volume group practices
Utilized CMS and other various resources, guidelines and publications to maximize claims payment and avoid audit
Created and implemented Medicare denial and appeals process at group practice resulting in increased payment of claims
Liaison between payer and provider with responsibility to communicate necessary updates
Worked directly with physicians in multiple capacities such as creating superbills and transcribing reports

Work History
Furniture Sales 2005 to present – Planned Furniture Promotions/Haynes Furniture
Radiology Coder - Advanced Medical Systems (AMS) 2005
Radiology Coder – Advanced Diagnostic Radiology 2003 – 2005
Medical Biller and Coder – Russo Radiology 1991-1995 and 1997-2003
Medical Biller –Feldman and Woods, MDs Gastroenterology 1995-1997