Lpeltier06

Contributor
Best answers
Leah R. Peltier, CPC-H
LPeltier06@yahoo.com
​​​​​​​​​​​​

Objective
I am currently seeking a Remote Medical Coding position that will broaden
the experience I have in the Medical coding field.
​​​​​​​​​​​​

Education

Oct 2013-Jan 2014​
AAPC​​​​
​​​​​Online
​​​I have completed the Certified Professional Coder-Hospital Outpatient (CPC-H) Program that
is offered through AAPC. I completed the program in three months with a 95% and I recently passed the CPC-H Certification Exam.

2001-2006​​
University of Louisiana at Lafayette​​​
​​Lafayette, La
I graduated from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training.

1998-2001​​
New Iberia Senior High School​​​ ​​
​New Iberia, La
​​​I graduated from NISH in General Studies with Honors.
​​​​​​​​​​​​

Employment

December 2012-​​Present
Thomas J. Landry and Associates/ ​​​​Work Performance & Ergonomic Center
​​​Clinic Director

Duties Include: Perform therapies for patients (electrical stimulation, heat/cold therapy, ultrasound, etc), Answering phones, Scheduling patients, Medical Coding and Billing of services for Physical Therapy Patients, Work Denials from Insurance companies, Train new employees on testing protocols and procedures based on which test will be perfomed (ISRI, Worksteps and PPS), Instruct clients daily on proper lifting techniques, Developed improved policies and procedures for client testing and overall function of facility, Design pre-employment tests and job-specific tasks based on information acquired via Job Site Analyses to ensure the most efficient process possible, Review medical histories with pre-employment applicants to determine when or if medical releases are required, Quality-check all completed physicals, Daily Billing of Functional Testing.
Programs Used: PTOS, ReDoc, Quickbooks, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel

November 2008-​​December 2012 ​​
Pinhook Chiropractic Clinic​​​​
​Rehab Tech/VAX-D Tech/ Chiropractic Assistant

Duties Include: Creating and overseeing rehab protocols for each individual patient, ordering and maintaining inventory of all rehab equipment and medical supplies for the clinic, performing therapies for patients (electrical stimulation, heat/cold therapy, ultrasound, etc), overseeing each individual?s VAX-D sessions and progressions while they are completing VAX-D, telephone consultations with possible patients regarding VAX-D questions, answering phones when necessary, scheduling patients based on the treatment plan given by the Doctor, marketing to companies in the area, scheduling full medical staff for events, working expos and health fairs in the area.
Programs Used: EZ Biz, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, VHI Exercise Program

April 2007-​​November 2008
Thomas J. Landry and Associates​​​ ​​​
Athletic Trainer/ Physical Therapy Tech

Duties Include: Preventing, Assessing, Treating and Rehabilitation of the athletic injuries at Catholic High School of New Iberia (covering all male and female sports), overseeing the gym and individual exercises programs in the Physical Therapy clinic, administering therapies for patients (electrical stimulation, heat/cold therapy, ultrasound, massage), keeping the gym safe for patient?s use, answering phones when necessary, scheduling patients, verifying insurance benefits, performing pre-employment testing for different companies (ISRI, Worksteps and PPS).
​Programs Used: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, VHI Exercise Program

February 2004-​​February 2007
Physical Therapy Advantage​​​​​​
Office Manager/ Physical Therapy Tech

Duties Include: Performing all office duties such as payroll, bookkeeping, billing and medical coding, scheduling appointments, collecting balances, verifying insurance, pre-certifications and authorizations for insurance, workman?s compensation and personal injuries, overseeing gym and exercise programs for each patient, administering therapies for patients (electrical stimulation, heat/cold therapy, ultrasound, massage), keeping the gym safe for patient?s use.
Programs Used: Quickbooks, Medisoft, Medamation, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel

​​​​​​​
Certifications

I currently hold a Louisiana license for Athletic Training.
I am a Certified VAX-D technician.
I am CPR and AED Certified.
​​​​​​​​​​​​

Last edited: