Wiki CPC Exam

Atillema12

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,

My name is Andrea and I will be taking the CPC exam in June. I don't have experience in coding but i really want to begin my career in medical codig.
I just completed a medical billing and coding course, and i've been studing my code books (guidelines, exclusion, etc.)
I've been taking some practices tests online and I'm also doing the "Official CPC Certification Study Guide". (AAPC study guide)
I am nervous about the exam, i would like to pass it on the first try. So I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for me!!! I will truly appreciate all the help :)

Thank you in advance,

Andrea

Andrea,

Good luck on your exam. The best advice I can give is read the question not look over it but really read it. Sometimes the smallest word can help you get the right answer.

I look forward hearing your good news in June.

Hello,

My name is Andrea and I will be taking the CPC exam in June. I don't have experience in coding but i really want to begin my career in medical codig.
I just completed a medical billing and coding course, and i've been studing my code books (guidelines, exclusion, etc.)
I've been taking some practices tests online and I'm also doing the "Official CPC Certification Study Guide". (AAPC study guide)
I am nervous about the exam, i would like to pass it on the first try. So I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for me!!! I will truly appreciate all the help :)

Thank you in advance,

Andrea

send ur maild id to my private message
I'll send pattern & model questions...

Andrea,

first of all good luck for your exam, don't be nervous, it is not so difficult as you are afraid of it.
you need a little prepration and you will clear it. there are few tricks those will really help you.
There will be four options with every question out of which two option will be different from others. first you have to try to eliminate two options. If you do so correctly then you will have two option to choose one. it would be much easier than before. it will take hardly few seconds. one year back i have done it in India. it will really help you because it helped me.
all d best.

P Jain

Thank you P Jain! I will definitely take your advise. I will try not to be nervous =)
And I am glad to hear you passed the exam. All the tricks and tips i get make me feel a little more relieved.

Thanks again =)

Good Luck on the Exam!

Hi Andrea~

Like you, I don't have any experience in Coding...but I've been studying to learn it. Took the two recommended intro classes: Medical Terminology and Anatomy, and I've made it thru the first two chapters of the Certification materials.

Personally, not having this background, I feel totally overwhelmed. My dad was a Pediatrician and he really wanted me to get into this, my brother is a Radiologist, and my sister is a NICU nurse. So the "medical" parts...the easy stuff...I don't have a problem with. The details...it just seems so overwhelming.

Anyone else having this issue?

Keep us posted after you test!!!
Erika

Good Luck to you on the exam

Hi Andrea,

I just wanted to wish you luck on the exam, I am also taking the exam on June 8 and very nervous about it. I have the coding experience however the smaller clinic that I code for we use Rural Health billing, so things are a little different. So I have to get all that I have learned on the job and put that out of my mind.

Just relax and do not study the day before, do something fun for yourself.

Debi

Hi Andrea~

Like you, I don't have any experience in Coding...but I've been studying to learn it. Took the two recommended intro classes: Medical Terminology and Anatomy, and I've made it thru the first two chapters of the Certification materials.

Personally, not having this background, I feel totally overwhelmed. My dad was a Pediatrician and he really wanted me to get into this, my brother is a Radiologist, and my sister is a NICU nurse. So the "medical" parts...the easy stuff...I don't have a problem with. The details...it just seems so overwhelming.

Anyone else having this issue?

Keep us posted after you test!!!
Erika

Erika,

The fact that I don't have experience in the field makes me feel a bit overwhelmed too! You're not alone. But I am glad to hear that you have a solid knowledge of medical terminology. I am a little nervous about this exam, but I've taken a Medical Billing and Coding course and i've been studying from the study guide. I am hoping that all my hard work pays off.
I am sure that you will do well too! Just know that you are not the only one feeling overwhelmed! I have been getting great tips for the exam though and it is making me feel a little more relieved :)

Good luck on your exam, and keep me posted on your results :)

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

I just wanted to wish you luck on the exam, I am also taking the exam on June 8 and very nervous about it. I have the coding experience however the smaller clinic that I code for we use Rural Health billing, so things are a little different. So I have to get all that I have learned on the job and put that out of my mind.

Just relax and do not study the day before, do something fun for yourself.

Debi

Hi Debi,

Thank you for your advice. I am nervous about this exam too! But with all the tips and advice I've been receiving I am feeling a bit more confident.

I will definitely be taking your advice. The day before the test I will just relax and not worry about studying. I think that is a good way to prepare and not "over study".

Good luck with you exam! And let me know how you do!!! I am sure you will do great :)

Andrea