Wiki CPC exam question...

staps7981

Best answers
I know we are allowed to have notes in our books but what are those notes limited too? I have about 100 medical terminology terms in my books.....are those allowed? If they are not then I need to borrow another book and tab it before this weekend. Thanks for the help.

They allow some notes but if the proctor feels there is too much writing in the margins they may not let you use it. Good Luck!

These are the instructions I received in an AAPC email for an exam I took a few weeks ago:

Handwritten notes are permitted in manuals. Tabs may be inserted, taped, pasted, glued, or stapled in the manuals so long as the obvious intent of the tab is to earmark a page with words or numbers, not supplement information in the book. All reference materials brought into the exam room WILL BE hand checked.

If you are unsure, I would call your contact and ask for more specifics. Good luck with your exam.

As a proctor and Instructor, as long as the notes are written in and there is nothing added (as in more paper, etc), then notes are allowed. The AAPC has not come out to say there are only a certain number of notes allowed.