Wiki CPC Exam-Can anybody

Best answers
Can anybody who has already taken the exam for the CPC, and has passed it tell me what to focus on the most? I am taking mine in May, and would greatly appreciate any help on where to concentrate my studies on. Thank you in advance!
Sherri

Check out the Student forum

There is is wealth of information and advice in the Student forum on this website.

The CPC exam is challenging ... the hardest test I ever took, and I've taken the admissions test for law school and graduate business school.

There will be questions from every area of the CPC manual, ICD-9 and HCPCS. Additionally you will need to know some anatomy and terminology.

Be sure you study and understand the coding guidelines and protocols in these manuals as well.

Good luck

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

The best advice I ever got was to get to know your cpt book like the back of your hand. That way you will find codes quicker. Example: Digestive system starts at the lips and goes all the way down. If you need a code for hernia, you know it will be at the end of the digestive section. Everything she is saying above is true. Don't study the night before the test. Get lots of rest. Best of Luck!

Izetta
CPC, CPMA, CEMC, COBS

I suggest not spending too much time on questions you are unsure of. log the question number and move on. work these problems after completing the test. Know your books :D