Wiki cpc exam - anyone please tell me

Best answers
I'm studying to take the cpc exam , hope to take it the first of the year I was told if I took exam in 2012 I would need to be studying the 2012 books .Can anyone please tell me if this is so:confused:

Most likely you will need the 2012 books at least for the exam. There are going to be very few changes in ICD-9 for 2012 so I'd keep looking at your 2011 books for now.

CPC exam

I'm studying to take the cpc exam , hope to take it the first of the year I was told if I took exam in 2012 I would need to be studying the 2012 books .Can anyone please tell me if this is so:confused:

I just took and passed my CPC exam a week ago with 2010 books. You can take your 2012 exam with 2011 books only. These are the rules as of right now. Things are constantly changeing. You may want to contact AAPC yourself before you sit for the exam. That's how I knew I could use my 2010 books. No one can give you a better answer then they can. Hopes this help and GOOD LUCK..

latonna1

Thank you very much for your reply .I appriciate you taking time to reply ,Im new and kinda lost with trying to find job with experience and not bing cpc certified it is kind of over wellming thank you again

Books

It is best to use the books for the exam in the year you are taking the exam. You can study the guidelines but the key to passing the exam is taking notes in your books. You can write all over the manuals. Little notes to help speed up the process are very helpful in taking the test.

You have been given some good information. Yes, you are allowed to use the previous year's books on the current exam. It isn't always recommended because you can be at a disadvantage using them since you are being tested on the current codes. There will not be a lot of code changes to the ICD-9, but you will want to know your books really well. You can have handwritten notes, but nothing can be inserted, taped, pasted, glued or stapled in, except tab dividers containing names of the applicable manual sections.

I hope that this information will help you out. Good luck with study for your exam and I hope that you will be taking it with us real soon.