Wiki CPC Exam 2018

CHARLES99

Best answers
Hello All,

Kindly let me know if we need to take 2018 Coding books for CPC Exam 2018 OR can I take 2017 books. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This question is asked often and I think this is the BEST answer I've ever seen.

Required? No. Recommended? Yes. AAPC exams use code sets and guidelines from the current year beginning every January. While it isn't required to have the current year coding books, I feel like you could be putting yourself at a disadvantage using older sets.
https://www.aapc.com/memberarea/forums/154239-2018-books-required-taking-cpc-exam-2018-a.html

The test proctor would let you use books from any year. How much of a disadvantage you are placing yourself depends on the number and types of changes each year. Some years there are minor changes; some years there a huge changes.

The exam is a real bear. You DO NOT want to take it again. Yes, it's a fair amount of money but consider: If you pass, you will likely buy new books for work. If you don't pass, you will likely buy new books to retake the test and improve your score. You might as well shell out the cash now and give yourself the best chance of success!

Good luck!