Wiki Cpc, circc, cpma

bhongfv59

Best answers
Hello Everybody,

Hoping someone can help me. I'm new to coding Mammograms and Interventional procedures.

US Vacuum Assisted Core Bx was done with pathology report of Pseudo angiomatous scromal hyperplasia. Could anyone got any closer Dx code besides 611.1?

I appreciate any feedback :)

Thank you...

My opinion is that 611.1 is totally off base. Hyperplasia of the tissue of the breast is not hypertrophy of the breast itself. This dx brings me to a benign neoplasm of the breast code 217

Karen Hill, CPC, CPMA

Hyperplasia is considered to be a physiological (normal) response to a specific stimulus, and the cells of a hyperplastic growth remain subject to normal regulatory control mechanisms. This stands in contrast to neoplasia (the process underlying cancer and benign tumors), in which genetically abnormal cells proliferate in a non-physiological manner which is unresponsive to normal stimuli.[2]
As seen in examples below, such physiological proliferation of cells may in fact be secondarily due to a pathological cause. Still, the proliferation itself is a normal response to another abnormal condition, in contrast to neoplasia, where the proliferation in itself is abnormal

I would use 611.89