Wiki Cpc-a

Best answers
Newly certified and seeking entry level employment on Ann Arbor:

My name is Cherie St. John and I am seeking an entry level position in the medical receptionist / billing / coding field. I believe that my background in the beauty industry with a management level would be an asset. Taking care of the clients from beginning to the exit process, handling appointments, scheduling changes, sharing and updating staff,
Handling the needs of the staff and salon, along with my training with anatomy and terminology for the beauty industry would be a good starting background for transition into this new career change. I served on the company’s loss prevention committee three years straight, due to my salon’s shrinkage status. I managed a salon with a million dollar year status with forty to fifty associates.

Upon my move to Michigan, I recently completed a CPC coding class (additional anatomy medical / terminology received). Received my certification, January 2013. I hope to enter into this new career with the desire and ability to continue my education and learning experience. I want to grow with my employer. I am a goal oriented individual who is dependable and on time. I give 100% to my position.

I hope you will give my application consideration. You would be gaining a dedicated employee.

Sincerely,

Cherie St. John, CPC-A
ms2cds1@yahoo.com

Cherie D. St. John, CPC-A
ms2cds1@yahoo.com

Objective
Looking for an entry level position as a medical receptionist, coding or billing associate.

Qualifications
I have been in the service/retail industry for thirty-eight years, twenty-three of which have been with Hair Cuttery. Duties included greeting clients, answering multi phone lines, scheduling appointments, informing staff of updates on appointments. Provided consultations, assessing customer needs/wants, offering recommendations, while emphasizing great customer service, and customer satisfaction. Leadership operations included goal setting, personal development of associates, handling cash flow, banking procedures, loss prevention, inventory control/ordering, and policy procedures. Familiar with E-Thomas and DrFirst.

Relevant Experience
1989 to 03/2012 - Hair Cuttery Vienna, VA
Assistant Leader - Harford Mall (2001-Present)-Million dollar sales status
Lead a staff of 40 associates

Associate - Annapolis Mall (1997-2001)

Leader - Laurel Mall (1993-1997)
Increased sales volume 18%, received Million dollar sales status
Lead a staff of 40 associates
Supervised 13 locations on/off temporary status for District Leader

Leader - Annapolis Harbour Center (1991 - 1993)
Increased sales volume 50% over projected budget
Lead a staff of 14 associates
Promoted to higher volume location - Laurel Mall

Education
1/2013 Obtained CPC-A Certification
08/2012 – 12/2012 CPC coding class- Certificate of Completion.
1973 to 1975 Montgomery Beauty School Silver Spring, MD
Received State Cosmetology License 1975; Senior Cosmetology License 1977

1968 to 1972 Bowie Senior High School Bowie, MD
Received academic diploma in June 1972

Last edited: