Wiki CPC-A

Minotrn57

Contributor
Best answers
I'm beginning to feel like this entire experience is a scam. Took the CPC exam May 1,2024 and I now possess CPC-A certification. At this time I have applied for numerous positions but because of that ," apprentice," status no one wants to hire. It's an unbelievable situation. Now, I am An RN with 25 + years healthcare experience and 10 years of complete medical Billing and Coding experience. When I spoke to an advisor prior to signing up no one EVER mentioned my CPC would come with apprentice status because I took the refresher course and before you can take that course you have to of had a billing and coding as well healthcare background. If this was mentioned I would have found out more about this Apprentice status and would not have pursued this. But, they did take my money (it was not cheap) and now I have to maintain CEU for this CPC-A which is essentially an insignificant piece of paper. I applied for apprentice removal but got denied because it was not on the company letterhead. Well that practice was bought out by a bigger healthcare system in 2020 and no longer exists. So I did contact the physician I worked for he was nice enough to take time to type up a nice reference letter. I have since submitted this and if this is rejected I will no longer pursue this career. I regret using my funds for this deceptive experience I could have used them for University of Phoenix and furthered my nursing degree. as of today this was a waste of my time and money. They should find a better way of assisting those who do have Billing and coding experience VS those who do not! I am at this time not an advocate of these courses. The physician did take time to write up a letter for me. He didn't have to do this his life is busy. So if this isn't good enough I'm DONE!

Don't give up that background in nursing helps alot I hope you also take advantage of linked in I don't have any experience as coder but I have a background in AR and I currently am interning for a lady I reached out to in order to pursue what is going to help me and my situation . Word of advice to maintain your CEUs participate in the Local chapter events for different areas not just yours most are webinars and range from 1-2 CEUs stay with it and continue applying hopeful for you 😊🙌

Don't give up that background in nursing helps alot I hope you also take advantage of linked in I don't have any experience as coder but I have a background in AR and I currently am interning for a lady I reached out to in order to pursue what is going to help me and my situation . Word of advice to maintain your CEUs participate in the Local chapter events for different areas not just yours most are webinars and range from 1-2 CEUs stay with it and continue applying hopeful for you 😊🙌
Oh yes I forgot, I too have experience in AR. everything is on my resume, but when they see that A after CPC its always ,thank you for applying but we decided not to move forward with you, as we have chosen someone more experience. Very Frustrating. But thank you for you kind words of encouragement.

I'm beginning to feel like this entire experience is a scam. Took the CPC exam May 1,2024 and I now possess CPC-A certification. At this time I have applied for numerous positions but because of that ," apprentice," status no one wants to hire. It's an unbelievable situation. Now, I am An RN with 25 + years healthcare experience and 10 years of complete medical Billing and Coding experience. When I spoke to an advisor prior to signing up no one EVER mentioned my CPC would come with apprentice status because I took the refresher course and before you can take that course you have to of had a billing and coding as well healthcare background. If this was mentioned I would have found out more about this Apprentice status and would not have pursued this. But, they did take my money (it was not cheap) and now I have to maintain CEU for this CPC-A which is essentially an insignificant piece of paper. I applied for apprentice removal but got denied because it was not on the company letterhead. Well that practice was bought out by a bigger healthcare system in 2020 and no longer exists. So I did contact the physician I worked for he was nice enough to take time to type up a nice reference letter. I have since submitted this and if this is rejected I will no longer pursue this career. I regret using my funds for this deceptive experience I could have used them for University of Phoenix and furthered my nursing degree. as of today this was a waste of my time and money. They should find a better way of assisting those who do have Billing and coding experience VS those who do not! I am at this time not an advocate of these courses. The physician did take time to write up a letter for me. He didn't have to do this his life is busy. So if this isn't good enough I'm DONE!
apply here. good luck

you can do it! Dont give up if being a biller/coder is what you want. I worked for small practice for 7 years and now work at a billing company. Honestly never got rid of the A even though I put in the work. Maybe this will be the year I remove the A. I live in Hawaii and they are a little more laid back here. take every advantage and work hard. It pays off. It also helps to see if you can start in a different department of where you want to work. Like front desk of a hospital. Having front desk experience is valuable too as a biller.

they hire cpc -a - don't give up, there are jobs hiring