Wiki CPC-A with pathology auditing experience trying to find a coding job

Best answers
Does anyone know if there are any resources that I can use so that I can get a leg up here? I was just laid off of my Transcription job and every interview I have gone on has lead to absolutely nothing. I was also asked if I would take another transcription job :mad:... The reason I got into coding is that in order to have a living wage here you cannot do it in transcription.

I'm so disappointed at this point I'm ready to give up and just go back to making soap. I know it takes time, but being laid off and getting rejected every time is making me think I wasted my money on getting into coding.

Not happy in Houston.

CPC-A unhappy

I wish I could help you but I’m in a similar situation. I just found out I Passed Tuesday and I have been applying everywhere, they want experienced CPC coders, 1-5years experience.

First, consider practicode to remove your A status.

I also took the CPT blitz from CCO and EMUs E/M training for hospital inpatient/outpatient. This increases your knowledge and shows you care about continually learning. They both offer CEs, so that is good too.

Then, I used indeed, ziprecruiter, glassdoor, monster, careerbuilders, linkedin, and posted my resume on AAPC. Your search criteria should be CPC with entry level, or CPC-A. Also, going to your chapter meetings may help you network.