Wiki CPC-A with ICD-10 Proficiency seeking Employment (San Diego or Remote)

antigeekess

Best answers
Hello, Prospective Employers and others. I'm a newbie, just certified and am seeking my first coding position. I am particularly interested in HCC/Risk Adjustment coding for Medicare Advantage. My resume's introductory summary is below, followed by a link to my LinkedIn profile. Please let me know if you think we may be of assistance to one other. Thanks!
-------------------
SUMMARY
Currently seeking a position as a medical coder, having passed the AAPC's CPC (Certified Professional Coder) examination on 07/18/2015 and being awarded the designation of CPC-A. Coursework prior to this certification included ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS. I was fortunate enough to pass the CPC exam on the first attempt, joining only a few hundred in the San Diego chapter who have succeeded in passing that examination.

On 08/05/2015, I also passed the AAPC?s ICD-10-CM Proficiency Assessment and received my Certificate of ICD-10-CM Proficiency.

In my most recent job as a medical transcriptionist from December 2010 through June 2015, I typed scenarios and diagnoses on a daily basis from which our coder would then glean the information necessary to apply the correct codes.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/patricia-g-houser-cpc-a/a/2b0/95