Wiki CPC-A, looking for coding opportunity

Natalie57

Best answers
I am looking for the opportunity to be hired within a medical facility. I have 20 years administrative/office experience. I recently graduated with my Associates Degree in Business Administration with concentration of Medical Coding/Billing. I attended 6 month AAPC coding class and passed my CPC exam on the first try. I am currently looking for any opportunity to get my foot in the door in a medical facility. I am a hard worker, fast learner and dedicated to accomplishing the task at hand.
Will consider relocation.

Natalie Balderson, CPC-A
Powhatan, VA
nhopeb57@hotmail.com

CAREER GOAL
To obtain employment in the medical coding field that utilizes my professional education and expertise in the following areas:

•Knowledge of Medical Coding (ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS coding books)
•Proficiency in Microsoft Office
•Knowledge of basic business techniques and methods of using standard word processing, spreadsheet and other office software and equipment
•Knowledge of basic medical terminology

EDUCATION
American InterContinental University 2010 – 2011
•Associates of Arts in Business Administration
•Concentration: Medical Billing and Coding
•GPA 3.99

CERTIFICATION
•CPC-A, certified through the AAPC 2012
WORK EXPERIENCE
Manager/Server
American Diner
Richmond, VA 2001 – Present

•Trained service staff to enhance customer service to ensure a positive dining experience for every guest
•Oversee front employee duties in maintaining safe and effective restaurant operations
•Developed and implemented a “Loyal Patron” program to increase existing customer base and reward loyal customers
•Provided excellent patron experiences through exceptional customer service; evidenced by high number of regular patrons requesting my service

Administrative Assistant
James River Specialties
Richmond, VA 1992 - 2000

•As the organization’s single-person word processing department, accurately entered data from estimator forms for the purpose of bidding and obtaining company projects
•Prepared correspondence between company estimators and contractors
•Generated spreadsheets to simplify tracking of project status
•Implemented mail merge system and customer data base containing pertinent information for improved accessibility
•Documented and recorded sales information and contracts for proper and proficient billing
•Managed and coordinated office calls for company president and estimators

Secretary
Liphart Steel Co., Inc.
Richmond, VA 1984 – 1992

•Served as secretary to assigned supervisor and estimators
•Prepared general correspondence and reports for estimators and billing department
•Entered, checked, and reviewed data for accuracy and completeness for purpose of bidding projects
•Maintained project-based files for easy access to information for billing purposes

References Available

Last edited: