Wiki CPC-A looking for any entry-level coding position. Resume attached.

sandraf

Contributor
Best answers
I live in Buford, GA. I am seeking an entry-level coding position for anyone who is willing to give me a chance to show that I am a dependable, hard worker.

Sandra Fedler
2164 Beacon Crest Drive Buford, Georgia 30519
(678) 249-4856, sndrfdlr481@gmail.com

OBJECTIVE
Seeking a position where I can utilize my coding skills, experience with patient records, and background in medical terminology to accurately abstract and validate ICD-9-CM and CPT codes, maintain patient records, and assist a facility overall in their documentation and reimbursement process.

SKILLS

• Inpatient and Outpatient Coding
• ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS
• CMS 1500 and UB-04 Claim Forms
• Healthcare Reimbursement
• Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology
• DRG & APC Assignments
• Knowledge of HIPAA and Patient Confidentiality
• Electronic Filing Systems
• 3M Encoder/Reference Software, Ingenix Encoder
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent Verbal / Written Communication
• Managed Care Regulations
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology
• Medicare / Medicaid Reimbursements
• Hospital Information Systems: Chart Assembly, Access, Storage, and Status Tracking

CERTIFICATION
American Academy of Professional Coders, Current Member September 2013-Present
Certified Professional Coder (CPC-A) as of December 2013.

EDUCATION
Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing Program, Career Step July 2012-October 2013
Certificate of Graduation with Honors
• Experience coding over 250 outpatient reports and 75 authentic inpatient records.
• Types of reports including: Consultations, Emergency Room reports, History and Physical reports, Laboratory reports, Operative reports, Physician Orders, Procedure Notes, Progress Notes, Radiology reports, and Pathology reports.
• Coded reports in a variety of specialties including: Obstetrics, gynecology, internal medicine, dermatology, diagnostic radiology, interventional radiology, general surgery, orthopedics, gastroenterology, trauma surgery, family/general practice, infectious disease, psychiatry, oncology, ENT, physical therapy, cardiology, plastic surgery, pulmonology, Emergency Dept, hematology, neurology, neurosurgery, vascular surgery, etc.

Medical Transcription Program, Career Step December 2005-December 2007
Certificate of Graduation with High Honors

Gwinnett Technical College (Lawrenceville, GA) June 2002
Registered Veterinary Technician

EXPERIENCE
Medical Transcriptionist
Rapid Outsource Imaging, LLC January 2011-Present
• Typed, edited, and submitted various radiology reports, including x-rays, computed tomography (CT), interventional radiology, MRIs, MR angiography, nuclear medicine, ultrasounds, and vascular imaging.
MediGrafix, Inc. February 2008-January 2011
• Typed, edited, and submitted various medical reports, including radiology, referral letters, physical therapy, clinic notes, psychiatry, and dermatology.

Veterinary Technician
North Georgia Veterinary Specialty Care July 2002-July 2004
• Typed medical reports to send to referring veterinarians and accurately maintained client files.
• Provided nursing care for patients, assisted in surgical procedures, and provided/monitored anesthesia for patients.