Wiki CPC-A in San Joaquin County, CA

thehills616

Best answers
Aimee E. Hill Phone: (209) 451-4495
Stockton, CA 95209 Email: thehills616@yahoo.com

Dear Hiring Manager:

Although a recent graduate from the Medical Coding and Advanced Medical terminology courses from Allied Business Schools, I am not a typical new graduate. My experience working as an administrator has given me valuable data entry and customer service knowledge. I not only possess the ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines but also have the desire to contribute to my employer's goals and visions.

As my resume reflects, I am a very motivated individual and I fulfill the requirements of the person you are seeking to hire such as exceptional attention to detail, strong computer skills, and a positive and proficient attitude.

I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your needs and objectives and how I may contribute toward them. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,
Aimee E. Hill

Aimee E. Hill, CPC-A Phone: (209) 451-4495
Stockton, CA 95209 Email: thehills616@yahoo.com

Medical Coder – Medical Front Office – Health Information Management
Focused and highly motivated professional offering solid contribution, specialized skills, and a desire to succeed.
Ability to achieve beyond expectations and contribute to an employer's goals and visions.

PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
- Medical Education — ICD-9 (Diagnostic), CPT (Procedural), medical coding
- HIPAA — Regulations knowledgeable, advanced medical terminology
- Computer Skills — Above average skills in: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, keyboarding
- Dependability — Reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfill obligations
- Decision Making — Assertive with ability to prioritize projects
- Initiative — Unwavering willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Customer Service — Project a professional company image, especially when working under pressure

EDUCATION
Allied Business Schools, Inc., Laguna Hills, CA~ Advanced Medical Terminology, Certificate
Allied Business Schools, Inc., Laguna Hills, CA ~ Medical Coding, Certificate
Ashford University, Clinton, IA ~ BA in Social Science with concentration in Education
University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA ~ Business and Accounting coursework

Specialized Advanced Medical Terminology and Medical Coding Training Included:
- Medical Terminology and Dictation - HCPCS: Level II Professional
- HIPAA compliance and Privacy - How to Accurately Complete Claim Forms
- Prefixes, Suffixes, Root Words, and Abbreviations
- Principles for Evaluation and Management Services - Ethics and Professionalism
- Diagnosis (ICD-9) and Procedure Coding (CPT)
- Dermatology, Urology, Gastroenterology, Cardiology,
Pulmonary Medicine, Endocrinology, Orthopedics,
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Otorhinolaryngology,
Ophthalmology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Pathology,
Radiology Dictation, and Medical Readings - Basic Word Structure
- Understanding of Modifier Usage
- Knowledge of E codes and V codes
- Official Coding Guidelines; Convert Medical
Symptom, Diagnosis, or Procedure Into Codes

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Daycare Provider Stockton, CA
Self-Employed March 2009 to December 2009
I provided in home care for toddlers and charted all revenues, expenses, and inventory weekly in Microsoft Excel. I also created daily schedules and planned educational activities. This job required great time management skills and an ability to become independently successful. (LIC#393615851, not current)

Administrator Palo Alto, CA
Stanford University Medical Center June 2008 to December 2008
I maintained membership databases for C.A.R.R.A. research in Microsoft Access and responded to membership inquiries via phone and email using Microsoft Outlook. I recorded minutes for weekly board meetings using Microsoft Word and ordered office supplies for day to day tasks and functions using department spending account. I established spreadsheets to track payments, donations, and upcoming membership dues using Excel and deposited funds into research funding accounts weekly.

Administrator Stockton, CA
Robert Half International August 2007 to January 2008
I maintained the winery filing system, tracked shipments, and audited inventory daily using Microsoft Excel.

Teller Stockton, CA
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. May 2006 to August 2007
I operated computer systems daily performing cash, credit, and check transactions while maintaining proper report retention for the branch. I was responsible for monthly teller cash drawer audits and reporting large cash transactions to IRS daily.

MEMBERSHIPS
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) - Member# 01205468 (Expires 09/30/2012)