Wiki CPC-A how to keep skills fresh while taking so long to find a job?

Tspoon04

New
Best answers
I recently obtained my CPC-A and can’t find a job in TN cause everyone wants 1-2 years experience which I don’t have. How can I keep up my skills and get faster at coding while I’m trying to find a job? One employee tested me and I was too slow, because they work on production I was not a fit for the job. How can I keep my coding skills fresh while looking for a job? Thanks

You can check on this site for internships in your local area. Maybe you can also try workshops where you can get CEU's as well. I am not sure if it's guarantee, but it's worth a try. I am also a CPC-A and was thinking the same thing. I feel like I am wasting my certificate and spent so much money on books and exams for nothing.

You’ve Already Spent A Bundle

Google free exam prep, some of these test preps are from years past but it’s still looking up codes. There’s also Amazon Marketplace which are private individuals that sell coding books for cheap. I have purchased workbooks for super low prices. Go to your chapter meeting for free CEUS, plus sometimes the meetings are looking up codes that are about seasonal injuries. It’s ridiculous to continue to spend money when you can not get past the resume stage of job hunting. This has been a nightmare for me after 20+ years working as a nurse. Have never encountered such purposeful exclusion.

Good Luck! The free exams to google are the CPC, CCA and CCS/CCS-P. I have several downloaded as PDF file on my tablet.

No jobs anywhere around here either

No internships, externships, jobs.... definitely feel they should stop claiming it’s a high demand job when it has s not in demand at all anywhere.

if you are willing to relocate , UC San Francisco has openings for entry level. I had to move (6 months ago) and when I started there were others in the same boat.