Wiki CPC-A / COC-A Practicum

Best answers
"Say goodbye to your CPC-A / COC-A Practicum"

Did anybody get a job after completing this course? It is very hard to get a job in coding without ANY EXPERIENCE at all. Since i can't get an externship set up anywhere, I thought go this route, but is it worth it. Can you really get a job in coding versus those others who do have 1 year actual job experience? Or is it better to find an externship program?

Either way i would wait till ICD-10 goes in effect before investing in this.

thanks for your input.

RunBikeHarley, Unless you know there will be a medical billing/coding position awaiting you I would skip this process entirely. It is nearly impossible to find a decent position. Throw on top of that thousands for schooling, hundreds for AAPC, fees for tests and it all adds up to a big monetary burden. Skip the headaches and get out now. Dave C

Disagree

I'm going to have to disagree with the 'get out now' part. There are so many oraganizations hiring and 'molding' their coders based on their policies and procedures. Especially since ICd-10 is almost here there have been many people retiring and quitting because they are afraid of the major change. Keep your head up and continue to look. The AAPC website is a great resource for open positions. :)