Wiki CPB Exam Retake Question

esmer77

Best answers
Hello everyone!!

I took my first CPB exam back in October and unfortunately did not pass. I have to admit that it is a very challenging exam and was not completely compared. I do have one more free retake and was wondering if anyone would know if I have to purchase all new coding books for 2018 or will be able to take the exam with my 2017 coding books?

Thank you everyone!!

What was the most difficult part? I heard there were test cases that took a long time per question. Were there any sections specifically for UB04 and CMS 1500?

Peace
?_?
Any help would be appreciated.

The case scenarios are a little time consuming because you have to do alot of reading in order to find the correct answer. I took the exam a few months ago so I am gearing up for my retake in May. I am trying to remember so of the areas that I was not necessarily prepared to answer. I would recommend taking detailed notes on the differences between fraud and abuse, what to do after you receive either a rejection or a denial of payment, the different steps that each health insurance plan has in their policy when it comes to timely filing, the information needed when you file an appeal. I would also take notes on the claim forms for both the CMS 1500 and the UB04 and what information has to be filled out when it comes to different insurances.
Good luck on your exam!!