Wiki Cost of Cardiac Cath

cvand1972

Guru
Best answers
OK. I've got this Self Pay patient who wants to know the general idea of the cost of a cardiac cath done in the hospital. I know I can't give him an exact figure but I want to be able to say that I at least know it's going to be over $5,000 or over $10,000 or something like that. Does anyone know a very general idea?? I know all states are different. I just want to give this person an idea of what to expect since we are the ones referring him to have it done. I can give him what the physician would most likely bill but I really dont' know about the hospital portion.

Contact Hospital

When I have a patient who requests an estimate, I contact my hospital's financial services reps and give them the names of 3 patients in the previous year who had the same procedure so they can work up an estimate of hospital costs. I let the patient know that the hospital will be calling the patient directly.

I find that requests for estmiates are occurring with greater frequency, what with higher deductibles and changes in coverage.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC