Wiki COSC And Advancement

nikkisgranny

Best answers
I am looking ahead at the career path I am trying to take. Is it to my benefit in this field to become specialized, i.e. take the COSC, in a few years time.

Does having a specialty creditation enhance job potential or is it just more letters behind the name?

I just recently obtained my CPC-H and am trying to find an open avenue to use that before I pursue a specialty course.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. :)

HI! these specaility exam, especially the cosc are extremely tough....just make sure you been doing cosc type cases for at least a few years .....these credentials can only help....good luck!

I'm preparing for the COSC this july and have been doing ortho for 11 years. I can't believe how hard the practicum is and how "grey" the answers can be. I also found a diagnosis typo in one of the cases rationale that took me by surprise. Luckly, I emailed AAPC and they fixed it but its not giving me very much confidence in the exam.

the exam is 5 times harder the then the practicum!...i got a 68 and you are right there were alot of gray area in the dx section! i am too retaking it in july

Having the extra credentials would NEVER hurt. However, if you want to have additional credentials, do it for yourself. Don't base your decision on your employer. My employer doesn't recognize my specialty credentials.