Wiki Coronary Balloon Macercation of in-stent thrombus

Chlrtrep

Best answers
Is there a code for treating an in-stent thrombus in a coronary artery with balloon maceration technique.

This scenario here is a patient was in the lab earlier in the day and had a coronary angio LHC and DES in Cir and OM. Post procedure patient returned to floor. Four hours later patient had chest pain and ST elevation and was brought back down to the lab. Coronary angiogram revealed complete occlusion on circumflex by thrombus in the newly deployed stent. Physician ballooned thrombus in stent. There was not a stenosis so what can you code?

Is there a code for treating an in-stent thrombus in a coronary artery with balloon maceration technique.

This scenario here is a patient was in the lab earlier in the day and had a coronary angio LHC and DES in Cir and OM. Post procedure patient returned to floor. Four hours later patient had chest pain and ST elevation and was brought back down to the lab. Coronary angiogram revealed complete occlusion on circumflex by thrombus in the newly deployed stent. Physician ballooned thrombus in stent. There was not a stenosis so what can you code?

92941-LC-59 - Revascularization of a coronary artery.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Thanks,

I have to laugh at myself as I guess I glazed over the fact this was an acute situation. ;)