Wiki Copay and global period?

TLC

Guru
Best answers
I know when a patient is coming in for a ?global period visit? you cannot charge an
office visit. How about a copay? We do not charge a copay to the patient for these visits.
However a co-worker that works also, elsewhere says they charge the patient a copay for
all visits to the doctor whether or not a ?global visit? Thanks

I don't think so either however my coworker said someone showed them where you could charge the copay?. Thanks

If you can provide that information I would like to review it as I don't know of a single carrier that would allow a patient to be charged a copay for a postop visit by the performing surgeon.

A global means the charges for all care related to the service are included in the allowable, so NO do not collect a copayment. However, if the service is billable, ie a complication or visit unrelated to the service do indeed collect the copayment

You cannot charge a copay in the global period, unless the patient is coming in for a completely different problem unrelated to what they are in global for.

Thank you for all the reply's. I don't think you can either. We don't collect for them now. Thank you for the download also. I will read it.