Wiki contrast enhanced - GE has just recieved

Best answers
GE has just recieved FDA approval on an advanced application for breast imaging called SenoBright. This application uses contrast to help provide functional information about the breast. Has anyone looked into this? Would we be charging for digital mamm or would this be coded as unlisted?
any help with this would be appreciated.
Nina

GE has just recieved FDA approval on an advanced application for breast imaging called SenoBright. This application uses contrast to help provide functional information about the breast. Has anyone looked into this? Would we be charging for digital mamm or would this be coded as unlisted?
any help with this would be appreciated.
Nina

Would need more information on how the application actually works. Is this like an MRI since contrast is used? I imagine GE will have some suggestions for coding that can be researched...new technology it might even get a temporary code!

I would definitely check with GE. As part of selling a new technology, they should provide you information on how to bill it. I would also ask them if they have discussed authorization requirements with any of the major insurance carriers (ie. Medicaid, BCBS, etc.) or if they will even pay for it.