Wiki Component seperation

Callieb

Best answers
:I need verification on coding this please.
PROCEDURE: Ventral incisional hernia repair w/ retrorectus mesh placement and myofascial flaps created between the rectus muscles and adjacent tissue transfer. flaps were 8cm x 8cm

After the hernia (49566) was repaired there was a 5-6cm defect in the abdominal fascia. Myofascial flaps were created between the anterior and posterior rectus sheath. Dissection was done sharply around the fascial defect. Total defect 8x8. Once myofascial flaps created, posterior fascial layer was closed. Once this was closed, prolene mesh (49568) was placed above posterior fascia and sewn into place. Anterior fascial edges were reapproximated. Once anterior fascia was reapproximated JP drain placed subq and wound dressed.
Usually the dr does bilateral component seperation but not sure on this one. I usually bill 15734, 15734-59, 49566-51, 40568.
Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

thanks, I guess because the resident who dictated the op note did not call it "component seperation" I was unsure. But after reading it over and over again I decided I was right.