Wiki Compliance Options

Denise0728

Networker
Best answers
I am advancing (quicker than I want to admit) toward retirement and starting to explore my retirement options and interests. For one thing I have a passion for this industry and love what I do. I am currently a Provide Educator with a large healthplan.

What I would like to expand or advance into Practice Management or Compliance for the smaller, underserved practices. I strongly believe if they do not have a partner or resource with the changes coming down the pike to us with healthcare reform there will be some significant issues.
I am working over the idea and plan at this time on my ?retirement? job. I would like to be an ad-hoc or part-time practice manager/compliance officer for several smaller, independent practices. I am currently a CPC, CPPM and CPC-I and I am ICD-10 Certified Trainer thru AAPC. I have worked in Risk Adjustment for many years. My goal for 2015 is to obtain my CPCO. I have a somewhat varied but detailed background in this industry.

Is anyone currently functioning in that capacity? I would love to network and hear your thoughts and ideas. I would especially appreciate hearing how you opened doors and started on the journey. I am very open to thoughts, comments and suggestions.

Looking forward to hearing ideas and thoughts.