Wiki coding

decus1956

Best answers
Pt brought to cath lab and sheath was inserted in L femoral artery...Following this, cath was advanced in AA, and an Abdominal aortogram was performed. Following this, cath was pulled back into distal aorta, above iliac bifurcation. Bilateral iliac arteriograms w/bilateral femoral runoffs were performed. Then decision was made to perform PTA and stenting of R. SFA. I think codes would be 75630-59 for bilateral runoffs, 37226 for PTA/stent and 36247? Is this correct? I am just learning this or trying to so I sometimes think I overthink this....Help!

Pt brought to cath lab and sheath was inserted in L femoral artery...Following this, cath was advanced in AA, and an Abdominal aortogram was performed. Following this, cath was pulled back into distal aorta, above iliac bifurcation. Bilateral iliac arteriograms w/bilateral femoral runoffs were performed. Then decision was made to perform PTA and stenting of R. SFA. I think codes would be 75630-59 for bilateral runoffs, 37226 for PTA/stent and 36247? Is this correct? I am just learning this or trying to so I sometimes think I overthink this....Help!

Can you provide the report? To bill for the aortogram and the runoff, there has to be an interpretation of images, that interpretation will determine whether you have 75630, or 75625/75716, or just 75710.
37226 is correct but you do not separately code the catheter placement, that is included. So, no 36247.

HTH :)