Wiki Coding virtual visit - patient not present

Bugsy

Best answers
I work in a Naturopathic teaching clinic that functions very much like anyother clinic. I was asked to code the following scenario but am a little stumped (I am still fairly new to coding). Also, we are not billing insurance, I was told this was purely academic but I'm very curious.

One of our patient’s families met (without the patient present) with one of our supervising providers and student clinicians virtually to discuss the patient’s Parkinson’s medication management and cognitive decline. The family has not been able to visit the patient since the pandemic began. The patient is currently living in as assisted living facility and to my knowledge we are not the patient’s PCP. Our team made some suggestions regarding care management (i.e. change in diet) but nothing substantial. Because the patient’s care plan is being managed by the assisted living facility, I’m guessing our recommendations would be of no consequence.

Any suggestions would be helpful and much apperciated!

Thank you! That is very helpful. Would you use the appropriate E/M office code as well with modifier GT / 95 (depending on insurance) as well?