Wiki Coding Urine Drug Tests

lmrich78

New
Best answers
Hi. I've been offered a position as a biller and coder for an independent laboratory, and I've never really coded labs. The lab I will be working for does urine drug screens for drug rehab facilities, half-way homes, etc. Would any of you mind to give me some tips and pointers on things that I should watch out for, or just good things to know, when it comes to coding these tests? I appreciate your help in advance.

I have not received any responses as to my inquiry, yet. I did get the job and am starting to read up on anything and everything involving urine drug labs. Since I'm starting this department from the ground floor up, as they had previously outsourced their billing and coding department, I'm trying to get a handle on everything before we go "live" in February. I'm trying to get copies of previously billed claims and try to review how they used the codes they did and to watch out for any possible modifiers used, but still, some "helpful hints" are always appreciated :)

To Imrich, we are a laboratory that bills out rehab drug testing too. Can you tell me what codes you are using to send to the carriers.