Wiki Coding Scenario Question

TMB1965

Guru
Best answers
:confused: If a patient comes in to repeat a visual field due to patient error or to rule out abnormalities, and also because of technical error can I bill out a 92083, and if so with ptosis visual fields and with esterman monocular and binocular. Also if I can where can I find this info at, so I can print it out. Any kind of help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

:confused: If a patient comes in to repeat a visual field due to patient error or to rule out abnormalities, and also because of technical error can I bill out a 92083, and if so with ptosis visual fields and with esterman monocular and binocular. Also if I can where can I find this info at, so I can print it out. Any kind of help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked the CMS website for the LCDs for your area? http://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/indexes/national-and-local-indexes.aspx Choose your state and type of LCD you are looking for (I tend to stay with the active, but have referred to the others at times) and then choose your carrier in the resulting window. I have downloaded the pertinent Ophthalmology LCDs and refer to them every time I go to bill for the test (OCT, Avastin injection, etc.) which saves a heck of a lot of time! Hope this helps!

David Keown, OCS, CPC