Wiki Coding order question

dianadawn

Best answers
I am a coding student and I have a question on the order of codes. The scenario is basically: pre op dx as intrauterine pregnancy at term. Frank breech, causing obstruction. Post op dx: Ceasrean delivery due to breech. Operation performed: Primary low transverse cesarean section. The codes are 652.2 Breech presentation without mention of version, and 660.01 obstruction caused by malposition of fetus at onset of labor. I am having a hard time understanding the order which is 660.01 652.21. I looked thru the guidelines and still wasnt understanding the order. I was wondering if someone could explain it for me. Thanks!

According to my 2013 code book, under the diagnosis code 652, you are instructed to "Code first any associated obstructed labor (660.0)".

I am a coding student and I have a question on the order of codes. The scenario is basically: pre op dx as intrauterine pregnancy at term. Frank breech, causing obstruction. Post op dx: Ceasrean delivery due to breech. Operation performed: Primary low transverse cesarean section. The codes are 652.2 Breech presentation without mention of version, and 660.01 obstruction caused by malposition of fetus at onset of labor. I am having a hard time understanding the order which is 660.01 652.21. I looked thru the guidelines and still wasnt understanding the order. I was wondering if someone could explain it for me. Thanks!

It has always been helpful for me to remember to code the complication first