Wiki Coding for Physical Therpay

codingisfun

Contributor
Best answers
Hi Everyone!!

I need some information regarding billing for Physical Therapy.

I will be new to it so, I was wondering if anyone could guide me to a website or some coding books for this specialty.

It will be an out patient based practice.

Thanks for any and all info someone may provide for me.

there are probably many books to purchase but first and formost read the coding guidelines page 12 number 15:
Admissions/Encounters for Rehabilitation
When the purpose for the admission/encounter is rehabilitation, sequence the appropriate V code from category V57, Care involving use of rehabilitation procedures, as the principal/first-listed diagnosis. The code for the condition for which the service is being performed should be reported as an additional diagnosis.
Only one code from category V57 is required. Code V57.89, Other specified rehabilitation procedures, should be assigned if more than one type of rehabilitation is performed during a single encounter. A procedure code should be reported to identify each type of rehabilitation therapy actually performed.

Coding for Physical Therapy

Thank you for your help. This is going to be a new office opening up, and I have been coding for Ortho. So I really do appreciate the info you have shared with me. This will be a great opportunity for me and I want to learn as much as I possibly can before the office opens in June, so I can hit the ground running.

Thanks again.

Have a great day.