Wiki coding cad (confused)

Best answers
our providers will give a dx of cad only (we are not a cardiology group) and I,m not sure if billing the 414.00 (unspec) is correct or is there something else in the note that could lead me to the 414.01? for instance like h/o of cabg or stents placed?, I ask because I noticed when billing for IP's on the coding abstract I always see the 414.01 being used and rarely the 414.00. I appreciate any help that I can get

Is this assuming that we do not know specifically if the CAD is in an arterial or venous graft?? Our surgeons only use autologous grafts when performing CABG which is why I only provided these examples. So do you not know where the disease is specifically at all? If you're not cardiology and your physicians are not treating that condition then why use the diagnosis code at all?

414.02 - CAD autologous vein graft
414.04 - CAD arterial bypass graft
414.05 - CAD unspecified graft

coding cad

thanks for your response, our providers have been told in the past to stick to what we treat and/or our specialty, not all are compliant and that's why i'm given (cad) only, I was wondering if there was an unspec code to use if need be, I usually shy away from coding cad if at all possible. Thanks CA