Wiki coding book - I am looking for a coding

freemacl47

Contributor
Best answers
I am looking for a coding/information book specifically for podiatry. Any suggestions?
I have one for 2005 but that company is no longer active and am looking to purchase one. Thanks Carol. :cool:

Coding book

OptumInsight (formerly known as Ingenix) publishes a Podiatry Coding Companion that might be helpful. It is arranged by CPT codes. After each procedure, there are explanations of the procedure, coding tips and applicable ICDs. Also included are definitions of terms with which you might not be familiar (and lots that you will already know!)

If you ever have the opportunity to attend a seminar conducted by Michael Warshaw, DPM, CPC, CPODCS, COCS, CSFAC, FACFAOM, make every effort to go! He is a practicing podiatrist and obviously well versed in billing and coding. The manual he writes for his seminar is referred to by many as the "Bible of Podiatry Coding". I refer to it often.

There are many websites that offer the basics of podiatry, if you need to understand what exactly is involved in the specialty. If you are interested, feel free to contact me and I will forward them. (cherylcpc.netpod@gmail.com)

Lots of regulations and exclusions, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad!!